01) Admissions are made after conducting aptitude test and discussion with the parents and
02) Prospectus and application forms can be had from the college office on payment during
the working days.
03) The college working hours are from 10 am to 5 pm on all working days with a lunch break between 01.30 to 02.30 pm. However on Saturday, it is
from 10 am to 3 pm.
04) Every student shall participate in NSS, NCC, Games & Sports and other Cultural Programmes of the college. The Gulbarga University, Kalaburagi provides 50 marks for Extra Curricular Activities (E.C.A.) for the B.Com First & Second Semester from 2006-07 onwards.
05) Fees once paid will not be refunded.
06) The students seeking admission to the college are required to abide by the rules of discipline and other regulations relating to curricular and
co-curricular activities made by the College Authorities, University and Govt. from time to time. The students who are found guilty of violating
the said rules are subject to disciplinary action. All admissions are provisional and subject to the approval of the university.
07) The persons who are employed are not admitted to the college without the prior permission of the concerned employer. If any student is found
guilty of concealing information in this regard, will be removed from the college roll and further the college will not be liable for any legal
consequences. Further, the students are advised to give the correct residential address and contact number for the necessary communication
08) The students are required to put in minimum 75% of attendance in each subject. Those who are falling short of the attendance will be penalized.
However, they have to satisfy 75% attendance to become eligible to appear for the examination.
09) In case of languages, there should be a minimum strength of five students, if the language is a basic and fifteen if it is one of the optional
10) Application forms duly filled in must be submitted along with the following certificates –
Originals with Xerox copies:
a) Marks statement (b) Transfer Certificate (c) Conduct Certificate (d) Eligibility Certificate (e) Migration Certificate (for students of other
state / Universities) (f) 5 copies of recent passport size colour photos.
b) Further, the students are advised to have with them sufficient number of attested true
copies of the above certificates for theire needs.
11) All the students should compulsorily wear the ID Cards issued by the college and are not allowed bringing Mobile Phones and using in the college
campus. The defiants will be penalized as per the rules.
12) The students leaving the college should claim refund of library deposit if any; within a month, failing which the same will be
forfeited.Further, they should become members of Alumni Association of B.R.B. college of commerce.
13) The students should go through the NOTICE BOARDS every day for any notices. For any information not aware of by the students, the college,
office or Principal is not responsible for the same.
ADMISSIONS RULES FOR B.COM (Semester Scheme)
14) ELIGIBILITY :
The following candidates shall be eligible for admission to First year B.Com, Degree Course at entry level:
a) A candidate who has passed the two year Pre-University Examination of Karnataka State or any other examination (10+2) considered as equivalent
there to is eligible for admission.
b) A candidate who has passed the two years Job Oriented Pre University Diploma examination conducted by the Director of Vocational Examination,
Govt. of Karnataka is eligible for admission to the B.Com Degree Course.
DECLARATION OF RESULTS:
2.1 A candidate shall be declared to have passed the B.Com Degree Examination in each semester
if he/she has secured 40% of the minimum marks in each paper. However, a candidate failing
in any semester shall be eligible for exemption in the paper in which he / she secured 40% of
2.2 The degree will not be awarded unless the candidate has passed all the semester examinations completely of the B.Com degree Course.
2.3 A candidate should complete B.Com degree course within six years from the date of admission to the first semester B.Com
2.4 The Ranks will be awarded by the University only to such toppers who should have passed all subjects in their B.Com course in single attempt
and as per university rules.
2.5 A candidate should secure a minimum of 32 marks out of 80 in each subject, otherwise it is deemed as failed.
3.1 DURATION OF THE COURSE:
The course of study shall extend over a period of three years consisting of six semesters. The Terms and Vacations shall be as notified by the affiliating university from time to time
3.2 COURSE OF STUDY:
The course of study consists of the following:
B.Com First Semester:
1.1 English/Any one Indian Language
1.2 Any one Indian Language (Kannada/ Hindi/ Additional English)
1.3 Extra Curricular Activities
1.4 Financial Accounting-I
1.5 Business Economics
1.6 Principles of Marketing
1.7 Computer Applications-I
B.Com Second Semester:
2.1 English / Any one Indian Language
2.2 Any one Indian Language (Kannada/ Hindi/ Additional English)
2.3 Extra Curricular Activities
2.4 Financial Accounting-II
2.5 Industrial Economics
2.6 Principles of Insurance
2.7 Computer Applications-II
B.Com Third Semester:
3.1 English / Any one Indian Language(including Communication Skills)
3.2 Any one Indian Language (Kannada/ Hindi/ Additional English)
3.3 Indian Constitution
3.4 Financial Accounting-III
3.5 Business Correspondence & Reporting
3.6 Small Business Management
3.7 Quantitative Techniques-I
B.Com Fourth Semester:
4.1 English/ Any one Indian Language including Communication Skills)
4.2 Any one Indian Language (Kannada/ Hindi/ Additional English)
4.3 Environmental Studies
4.4 Financial Accounting-IV
4.5 Secretarial Practice
4.6 Indian Banking
4.7 Quantitative Techniques-II
B.Com Fifth Semester:
5.1 Principles of Auditing
5.2 Business Law-I
5.3 Principles of Management
5.4 Business Environment
5.5 Banking Theory & Practice
5.6 Elective-I Income Tax – I
5.7 Elective-II Cost Accounting – I
B.Com Sixth Semester:
6.1 Contemporary Auditing
6.2 Management Accounting
6.3 Management Techniques
6.4 Business Law – II
6.5 Investment Management
6.6 Elective-I Income Tax – II
6.7 Elective-II Cost Accounting – II
Attendance, Progress and Conduct:
Each semester shall be taken as a unit for the purpose of calculating attendance.
1) Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited. Anyone – who is found indulged in any
kind of ragging will be dismissed from the college without prior notice.
2) Classes are declared on the basis of the aggregate marks (including languages) of
the three years (Six semesters) examinations at the end of final year. To become
eligible for the ranks, students should pass the examination in each year in the first
3) The students are required to put in minimum 75% of attendance in each subject. Those who are falling short of the attendance will be penalized. However, they have to satisfy 75% attendance to become eligible to appear for the examination.
4) All the students should compulsorily wear the ID Cards issued by the college. They are not allowed to bring Mobile Phones and use in the college campus. The defiants will be penalized as per the rules.
ADMISSION RULES FOR M.COM. COURSE:
The students seeking admission to M.Com. course shall have passed B.Com. with passing percentage.
3.2 COURSE OF STUDY:
The course of study consists of the following:
M.Com First Semester:
1.1 Management Theory & Organisational Behaviour
1.2 Managerial Economics
1.3 Marketing Management
1.4 Financial Management
1.5 Marketing Research
M.Com Second Semester:
2.1 Strategic Management
2.2 Accuonting System
2.3 Human Resource Management
2.4 Relationship Marketing
2.5 Indian Economy – Open Elective
M.Com Third Semester:
3.1 Business Research Methods
3.2 Financial System & Markets
3.3 Computer Application
3.4 International Financial Management
3.5 Karnataka Economy-Open Elective
M.Com Fourth Semester:
4.1 Management Accounting
4.2 International Business
4.3 Financial Service
4.4 Mutual Funds
4.5 Project Work
P.G. DIPLOMA IN EXPORT MANAGEMENT:
The subjects as prescribed by the university: